Re: Dewalt Batteries

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Subject: Re: Dewalt Batteries
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 08:09:33 -0500
Nolan Penney wrote:
> I have heard that Radioshack has the individual batteries that fit
> within the DeWalt (and others) case.  You simply have to cut the case
> open to get to the individual batteries.

   A local industrial battery shop (Total Battery) here sells the raw
cells in most sizes. I've used them to replace the cells in old laptops
and things much more cheaply than buying a new battery unit.

   No doubt the same thing, although tool batteries probably don't have
as much markup as $240 laptop batteries so the savings might not be as
dramatic.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca