Lift question

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lift question
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:39:53 -0500
Here is a question for you guys with lifts.

I have the Bendpak MX-10AC asymmetrical 2 post lift.  (you can see pics of
the installation and completed lift hereb&
http://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/Whats%20new?OpenView
then you will see the links to the binstalling the car liftb

Anyway, with the lift comes a great chart with the lift points for most
cars.  Here is the problem.  The lift points are clear, but it doesnbt show
where the POSTS should be on the diagrams.  I understand how important it
is to have the center of gravity supported by the post, but any vehicle can
easily be placed 4b in either directions.

So, whatbs the rule of thumb?  How do you know where to put the car in
relation to the posts?

Thanks.

Inch
http://megageek.com

 "Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.