RE: Cordless Drill

To: "Tony Vaccaro" <tvacc@lotusowners.com>,
Subject: RE: Cordless Drill
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 03:19:08 +0000
I have the milwaukee 18v combo kit.  I have issues with battery life but have
been told repeatedly that my expectations are too high.  the drill will drill
well, though, and now the kit includes a hammer drill, which I wanted but
didn't come with the kit when I bought.

I can say that the milwaukee flashlight in the kit is easily the best of the
lot.  the dewalt's flexy head lost its flex on the brother-in-law's light in a
month or two and even when it stayed, it never stayed just where you put it -
it always sagged just enough to make it useless.  then it tipped over because
it was top-heavy.

I can also highly recommend the sawzall hatchet and circular saw that come with
it.

so after doing the same thing you did I bought the milwaukee.  after using it,
I would again.  they now make a impact wrench that uses the same battery.  I am
just waiting for an excuse.

in fact...why don't you buy my drill so I have an excuse to go buy the hammer
drill.  I don't need it anymore, but everytime I walk past it in home depot I
twitch.

scott