Re: HPNA (was... Wireless Internet Networks)

To: "Steve Hammatt" <GSteve@hammatt.com>,
Subject: Re: HPNA (was... Wireless Internet Networks)
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:28:38 -0800
I'm all for HPNA, but I'm biased.  I was one of the developers of the
original 1.0 version way back when.  I haven't seen 3.0, but 2.0 works very
well and would be perfect for your application.
Another option (don't tell the Ethernet police!) would be to use two unused
pairs of the phone wire available and run 10BaseT across it.  You may drop a
packet or two when a phone rings on one of the other pairs, but Ethernet is
built to allow for lost packets.

Mark Miller