re: Sandblasting equipment

To: Martin Sukey <mjsukey@eriecoast.com>,
Subject: re: Sandblasting equipment
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:10:39 -0500
You know, this is one of the more miserable jobs to do.  Depending on the
media you use, there may be significant health hazards.  It is also
possible to warp panels if you overdo it.  The "little at a time" approach
is not the best, because the metal will start to rust if you don't get some
paint/primer on it.  We've got American Dry Strippers in Connecticut,
within striking distance for me in New York.  What you propose is certainly
possible, but for me, I'll let Gary Jones at American Dry Strippers do
it.  I ask:  Will I have fun doing it?  Will I do a better job?  Will I
save time doing it myself?  Will I save money doing it myself?  I come up
with No, No, No, Maybe.  Get yourself a blast cabinet and do the little
stuff.  That's fun, and you'll be able to get the urge to blast out of your
system.

-Steve