Re: Home Depot or Lowes Contact

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Home Depot or Lowes Contact
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:53:42 -0400
Yes, the Blackwater groups are refusing to realize that steath is your only
weapon over here.  I've been travelling throughtout Iraq withoutany isses.
We use non descript cars (only 1 armored) and we travel as low key as
possible.  I can't go into to many specifics, but we drive right by some
pretty hositle areas undetected.  We also use trusted Iraqi locals for
drivers.  They are way better at moving around in this traffic then
outsiders.  (In one picture in my blog, you will see that we are driving on
a foot path when the road is closed. That is natural for locals, but
outsider wouldn't even know a footpath was there.)

The Blackwater guys have SUV convoys of 5 or 6 black Fords all identical,
running with windows down, weapons at the ready, etc.  They are their own
worst ememy here.  A car bomb is not intimidated by that stuff.

I'm only here a little while longer.  I've been having a blast the whole
time.  It's been exciting and eye opening.  BTW, we have high ranking
offical on our street and at nights we have mini cocktail parties for the
block.  Its a great chance to understand what the real feeling is in Iraq.
And from talking with this person, just about everything that has happened
here is by design.  It is one of the most complicated plans I have ever
hear, but it is so brillant!  (And it's working)
However, it does require a time of "ugliness".

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.