Re: Lug nuts

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Lug nuts
From: "phil ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 23:14:24 -0500
> Come to think of it, my van had the lug nuts down a well that wasn't very
> big ... I'm not sure a generic "lock remover" would fit over the outside
of
> the locks.

An old cheap socket and a five-pound hammer was enough to remove the
antitheft lugs on all four wheels of  Pontiac I was faced with.  The owner
had bought the car months earlier and had no idea what I was talking about
when I asked her where the antitheft wrench was.  I searched the entire car
looking for it.

Smashing an old socket onto the antitheft lug was enough to do the job.
Down a well wouldn't have made a bit of difference.  If the lugs would have
been rusted on, it probably would not have worked.

1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net http://www.mnautox.com/ http://www.lotusowners.com