Re: painting vinyl gutters

To: scott.hall@comcast.net
Subject: Re: painting vinyl gutters
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 22:19:45 -0400
Quoting scott.hall@comcast.net:

> can I paint vinyl gutters?  is it a good idea to do so, or am I wasting my
> time?  and if I can't, is there another way to color them to the taupe (I'm
> married now...) color my wife wants rather than the white sold in home
> depot?

IMO, it's not a good idea. But if you are wanting to try, perhaps one of
new 'plastic' spray paints would work. Krylon has recently come out with a line
of spray paint for plastics. Don't know if it comes in 'taupe', though.
(However, I don't know what color 'taupe' is...)

I'd try it on a sample piece of the material. Place your sample out in the
weather for a few months and see how it looks then.

Maybe she'll change her mind by then anyway...

Eric Russell
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell