RE: Solar Heating of Pool

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Solar Heating of Pool
From: "Tony Vaccaro" <tvacc@lotusowners.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:23:19 -0400
This list is such a vast source of knowledge....

Thought I would throw this out and see if anybody can help.

I have a inground 19X43 pool.  Heater went out last year after 19 years of
use.  I am thinking of Solar. I am in Buffalo NY..which is not the solar
capital of the world.

In the past, we used to heat the pool for a few days in the Spring and it
would stay between 78 and 85 for the rest of the season..depending on the
weather. We open it at the end of May and close it in early Sept.

I know I need at least 4 panels....4X10...maybe more.

The company I am looking at...and most of the others say that it should
raise the pool by 5-15 degrees.  At about $1000 to do this..5 degrees is
unacceptable...and 15 would be great.

Anybody have any experience at this longitude with a solar system.

Regards

Tony V