Re: Oil on brake linings

To: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil on brake linings
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:19:20 -0400
I had a set of old brake linings on a fork lift that would have been mucho
$$$ to replace.  The guy at the rebuild store told me an old timers trick.

Soak the pads in Diesel fluid, then put them on the ground (outside) and
set them on fire.  The fire will burn off the oil and diesel and should
not harm the pads.

NOTE, I WOULD NOT TRY THIS WITH A CAR I DRIVE.  I only did it on a
fork-lift that gets very little use and no high speeds.  But he did tell
me that they used to do this for cars all the time.

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.

"Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Sent by: shop-talk-owner@autox.team.net
07/07/2005 21:50