Re: and now, computer questions...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: and now, computer questions...
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 20:43:17 +0000
and we are now far afield, but I'm asking anyway, since y'all know everything
and you aren't trying to sell me something:

dual-core (pentium-d) or p4ht?

I've googled enough to understand what's going on, and I've seen the reviews,
I'm asking more like is dual-core going to be the sony beta, and I should stick
with p4ht or not?  am I better off with p4ht, dollar-for-for dollar, etc.?

the p-d seems to run slightly slower (2.8 vs. 3.6) but I don't game that much
and when I do it runs fine on the old 1.9 ghx machine, so that really shouldn't
be an issue.  I do multi-task all the time, though.

overall, if you were buying the machine, what would you get?

don't see pentium 4 on the dell website, and the circuit city beat most of
their prices.  the dual-core machine is a gateway for $850, fwiw.

thanks, y'all.  my cable is still broken, though so haven't needed to actually
purchase yet...

scott