Follow up on OBD II Scanners

To: Digest_Shop-Talk@Mail.Megageek.com
Subject: Follow up on OBD II Scanners
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:18:54 -0400
Ok, after looking at all the scanners I wanted to report some findings.

First off (and I'm looking for input here) there are 2 types.  One has many
more features and such, but requires that the computer is attached for you
to use it. http://www.autoenginuity.com/

The other one is more of a passive data Logger http://www.carchip.com.

Both are about the same price ($200).

First, to anyone that has the carchip (Trevor and anyone else), does it
have the features of the autoenginutiy?  I like the idea of leaving it in
the car all the time.

For others in the market, Autoenginuity is coming out with verison 3.5
which will be USB AND have CAN support for the same price.  It's due out
next month.

Thanks for the help from everyone.

Inch
http://megageek.com

 "Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.