Re: Opening a PVC pipe in a hot tub, possible?

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Opening a PVC pipe in a hot tub, possible?
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:57:13 +0100
At 22:19 03/08/05 -0400, you wrote:

>   I have a hot tub that recently developed a slow leak.

Trevor,

If you can get allround access then something like this should do the job

http://www.epoxyproducts.com/pipewrap2.html

The presence of the fibre bandage should give it that bit more durability.
Seemingly you can use what's left over for muffler repair. I've used these
bandage kits for irrigation pipe repair with success in the past.

For a bit more info than you really want see

http://www.igin.com/Irrigation/piperepair.html

Covers a wider field than you need but the principles are sound. Worth
seeing for the pipe layout picture alone.

Nick Brearley