Re: Sealing a tub drain

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sealing a tub drain
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 06:48:08 -0400
Not a professional plumber.  But I do own an old house that has forced
me to learn some things.

RTV has become my friend.  Automotive type, since I generally work on
cars.  It seals and holds, being a flexible product.  Releases easily
enough on disassembly when I need it.  I've not had a failure yet in the
house where I've used it.

Also, rubber seals.  Wax seals and such are a guaranteed rapid failure
in this house.  There are nice rubber seals, with lips and all, for
several dollars that have worked successfully for me.  Where a wax seal
would fail in a few weeks, the rubber seal has been holding for several
years.

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this
communication to the sender and delete the original message and any copy of it
from your computer system. Thank you.
<<<<GWIASIG 0.07>>>>