Re: the annual "compressor lines" question.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the annual "compressor lines" question.
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:31:53 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 Eric@megageek.com wrote:
> My question is, what type of pipe should I use?

I don't know, but...

> Iron is cheaper but a pain to work with.

?  Iron pipe is pretty straightforward to work with... I wouldn't use this
as the reason not to use iron.  You can get a manual pipe threading tool
at Harbor Freight for $40 or so that'll do just fine for the odd length
pieces.

What _I'd_ be concerned about is rust due to the moisture in the air.

Interested to see the answers from the experts though!

Mark