Re: Painting a house in a hurry

To: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Painting a house in a hurry
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 20:12:50 -0400
----- Original Message -----

Subject: Painting a house in a hurry

I spray-painted my aunt's house with latex house paint. I used a pressure
pot and air gun. The pressure pot allowed me to either put a one gallon can
inside or pour in multi-gallons. I didn't do a lot of taping/masking. I
sprayed up to the trim and then went back afterwards to finish the trim with
a brush.

IMO, preparation is the hardest part of a paint job. So, if the current
paint is sound, spraying a coat or two of new paint won't take long.

OR, you could do like my father-in-law. He calls me one Saturday morning,
(wakes me up) and asks, 'whatcha doing today?' Not thinking fast, I said,
'nothing'. 'Great', he replies, 'come over and help me paint my house'
(small ranch).

I show up about 45 minutes later to find he has started near one corner. He
hands me *THE* brush and hops in his pick up to go to the store for
"another" brush. He gets back a FEW HOURS LATER with a small trim brush
after I'd painted the east end, back side, west end, and was 1/2 way done
with the front...

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell