Re: looking for mig welder

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Subject: Re: looking for mig welder
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:05:44 -0500
On 10/12/05, Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com> wrote:

> OK, so I'm close to convincing myself to buy one. Information
> on the net is mostly old or scattered; it seems that the
> bigger names are Hobart, Lincoln and Miller, and they all
> make low-end machines that are great. I'm really looking for
> a 110V machine.
>
> Home Despot carries the Lincoln, which is convenient, but I'll
> probably stop by the local welding supply shop too see what they
> offer - maybe they have used. I like supporting the small local
> player.

I think the thing that the home depot  sells is not the same thing
that welding stores sell.  There's more than one low end machine, with
the same or similiar names.  Make sure what you're getting isn't
underfeatured.

I have an HTP Mig 120.  It's as well made as the Lincoln Mig-Pak 100 I
used to have.  It's in the same price range as the lincoln and miller
stuff.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com