Modern Marvels

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Modern Marvels
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:31:50 -0400
Did anyone catch the "Modern Marvels" on auto parts store?

It was pretty neat and I learned a few things.  (Like brake pads should
have a ceritfication, but not all do.)

If anyone wants, I can re-tivo it and send you the file (I've hacked my
Tivo and can move files to pcs w/out authorzation codes) Warning it will be
a big file.

Other things I thought were cool,

AutoZone uses the vehicle registations to know what kind of cars are in the
area of their stores.  During the interview, the owner of one of the stores
made it sound like they also have an idea of what breaks and when.  He
said... (from memory)
"We not only know how many 9 year old Ford Tarsus are out there, but we
know what they should need soon."

Another neat fact, Armor All was first sold under the name, "Tirdon."  That
name came from "No Dirt" spelled backwards!

It was very informative on the verbage used at the autoparts world as well.

Inch
http://megageek.com

 "Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.