RE: Sticking rubber to rubber

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sticking rubber to rubber
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:50:47 -0700
> What is the best way to adhere rubber (tire) to rubber (tire).

I'd be looking for the "self-vulcanizing cement" that is used for retreads and
such.

> -what fun is buying new tires?  8>)

I assume you've got solid tires, as opposed to pneumatic or semi-pneumatic (I've
seen all 3 on forklifts, sometimes two different kinds on the same forklift).
Another option you might consider is removing all of the old rubber and casting
on some new polyurethane tires.  As someone already mentioned, poly has become a
popular choice for forklift tires (primarily I assume on smooth surfaces, you'll
need to check that part out).

Randall