Re: DC motor question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DC motor question
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:27:46 -0400
Just as a follow up, I was able to build a 40v DC supply out of some
junk I had lying around, and that was enough to spin up the motor, so it
does work. Guess the blue leads are the field windings...

So maybe nothing too special about this motor, just kinda surprised by
the 115v DC rating... Haven't been able to find any other info on the
net about 115v dc motors...

Marc

Marc wrote:
> I've got a Bodine Speed reducer motor I want to experiment with. It's
> rated for 115V DC  and has four leads, two blue & two black. I guess two
> leads are field winding... How would I power this motor - I see plenty
> of 90V DC motor controllers available, I guess one of those would work?
> Anyway, what do I need to know about these?

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]