Re: house wiring problem

To: "Traci Pearson" <pearsontechcomm@comcast.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: house wiring problem
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:16:39 -0500
Besides the problem with your refrigerator as noted in the Randall and
Doug's replies, you should NOT plug a refrigerator into a GFCI outlet.

NEC specifically states not to do this, as GFCI's aren't meant for heavy
motor loads.  Further, on a practical basis, the types of problems GFCI's
are meant to prevent aren't so likely with a refrigerator, but random trips
of GFCI's are possible.  If the GFCI trips and you don't notice it or are
away, you lose a refrigerator full of food.

Karl

> OK, here's a question from an electrical idiot. I've got an odd problem
> going on with my interior house electrical, and I'm hoping you'll have
some
> ideas.
>
> Yesterday morning, I found my refrigerator off and discovered that the
GFIC