RE: Parts Washer

To: "Shop-Talk Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Parts Washer
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 20:11:39 -0800

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

> I heard that a weed burner can be used as a lead smelter.
> I was going to fabricate a crude crucible with an ingot
> mold in the bottom.  The last time I tried to buy lead
> all I could find is old sheet (roofing?) for a buck a pound.

Ask at an old tire store.  Time may have changed, but used to be they would just
about give you the old wheel weights.  Probably not real pure, but you can melt
them down in an old pot on the stove.  (Go to Goodwill for a cheap pot.)  Be
sure to have good ventilation though.

Randall