Re: Lead battery adapters

To: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Subject: Re: Lead battery adapters
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 22:38:11 -0600

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

On Nov 3, 2005, at 1:03 PM, Mullen, Tim ((IIS)) wrote:

> Even if I have a normal battery in the engine compartment, I try to
> get
> one with vent tube fittings.  I will install a plastic hose to the
> vents, and run the tube to the underside of the car.  I've greatly
> reduced battery corrosion problems with $0.50 of tubing...
>
> Tim Mullen

My Miata came to me with a lawn-tractor battery installed.  I don't
see any corrosion anywhere.  What should I be looking for?

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata C package
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/
http://www.lotuseuropa.org/gallery/view_album.php?
set_albumName=philethier