MIG aluminum w/ C-25?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: MIG aluminum w/ C-25?
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 11:04:12 -0500

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

I need to make 4 small welds on aluminum. I have a spool of alum wire
for my MIG, but my shielding gas tank is 75% Argon / 25% Co2. It seems
kind of impractical to get a tank of pure Argon for less than 30 seconds
of actual welding.

I was thinking about experimenting on some scraps with Alum & C-25, just
wondering if anyone has BTDT? Will it work acceptably, or a waste of time?

--
Marc

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]