Re: Question about the garage foundation ...

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question about the garage foundation ...
From: doug@dougbraun.com
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:47:15 -0500
Over the course of 2 or 3 years, I rebuilt my garage foundation, which involved
essentially jacking up the garage itself, replacing several rotted blocks (just
like yours), adding an entire new row of blocks (and shortening the studs by 8
inches),
replacing the sills, and lowering the garage back onto the new sills.
I did it one side at a time, so it wasn't as complicated as it sounds.

I realized that concrete blocks are actually rather delicate things, and if you
don't properly protect them from moisture, etc., they will eventually fall
apart.

I sold that house and moved to a new one recently, but I'm sure that
the garage will be standing for many more years.

Doug Braun