Re: Intermittent Honda turn signal

To: JAMES STONE <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Intermittent Honda turn signal
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 08:37:50 -0600
James,

Check to see that the bulbs are the correct number for what the flasher
was designed. Flashers are designed to have a particular load when
operating correctly, and flash at a different rate when a bulb burns
out. It may be that the bulbs now installed in the car have a lower
resistance than factory. When temperature drops the resistance of light
bulbs decreases, which may be causing the flasher to not start up as it
should. As I recall the Honda flasher is electronic, which may make it
more sensitive to changes than the mechanical flashers.

I'm not familiar with a 1996 Honda, but the emergency flashers may be
using that same flasher element. Try turning the emergency flashers off
and on several times, making sure that they are working good, then try
the turn signals again.

One other thing to try is to turn on the headlights and have someone put
their foot on the brake. Then turn on the turn signals and look at all
the lights outside the car. Is a light that is not the turn signal
flashing when it shouldn't be? Is the turn signal weak? If either of
these happens than you probably have a bad ground. If that is the case,
I may be able to help you track it down.

Peace,
Pat

--
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --