Gas line installation

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas line installation
From: Larry Hoy <forumaccount@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:00:12 -0700
Need a litte education.  This really isn't "shop" talk, but the issue would
apply to either my garage or my wife's kitchen.  In this case I'm working in
a cold shop and she wants a gas cooktop.  So for a moment pretend I'm asking
about a furnace in my gargage!

Presently we have no gas routed to the kitchen. The cooktop will be
installed on an outside wall.  On that wall, on the outside of the house, is
where my gas meter is.  Can a gas line be routed above ground hung off the
concrete foundation, then routed through the wall to the cooktop?

I could route the pipe through the home, but there are more challenges with
that method.  Burial is out of the question since we have a concrete slab
against that side of the house.

Thanks in advance.

Larry Hoy