battery for winch gantry

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: battery for winch gantry
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 06:16:15 -0600
Derek,

have you though of mounting the battery/charger at floor level and running
heavy cable up to the winch..  Maybe a couple of #4 stranded copper cables
(or even #2 welding cable) clamped to the gantry frame up to the winch. You
could leave enough slack for winch movement and support the cables with a
festoon type arrangement.. Battery easy to maintain.. no heavy lifting and
you'll probably keep it charged more often when it's accessible  ????

john
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in
good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be
treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to
discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or
origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an
American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance
here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an
American at all.

We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red
flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as
much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are
hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English
language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty
to the American people"  ...Theodore Roosevelt 1907