Re: Radiator Hoses

To: Shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator Hoses
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:56:04 -0400
Syl-Glide:  I like this idea.  I actually already have a tube that I
use for brakes.  Never thought about it for hoses, though.

Teflon Pipe dope, Permatex Aviation Form-A-Gasket 3H, Permatex #2,
silicone rubber all seem like possibilities.

I think I'll try the Syl-Glide first, as I already have it and I like
the idea of a lubricant rather than a coating that dries into
something I will eventually have to clean off.  Those choices do seem
like the way to go in a situation where leak prevention is the main issue.

Many thanks to all who replied.

-Steve