Re: plastic wrench

To: "Allen Hefner" <ajhsys@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: plastic wrench
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:22:28 -0400
On 6/19/06, Allen Hefner <ajhsys@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know where to buy cheep, plastic, non-marring, open end
> wrenches? I need a 10mm wrench to install the stick antennas on new cars
> that the shop doesn't get too quick enough. I keep scratching the paint
> with my Leatherman tool!

The set of auto-adjusting channel lock type pliers  (robogrip, I think
they're called.) someone gave me fro christmas a few years ago came
with a set of rubber boots to keep from marring things.  They'd work
fine on an antenna.

If you do this a lot, snap-on (and probably others) sell an antenna
wrench.  It's got an open-end wrench or two, as well as pin type
spanners for just about every auto antenna in one tool.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com