Tin Snips

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Tin Snips
From: Charlie Schlismann <racegt6@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:01:09 -0700 (PDT)
I've a sudden, urgent need for some quality
replacement snips.  I need clean, straight cuts in
3'-4' 16 ga. (.062) sheet al minimum.  My Grandpa's
snips would cut anything including steel to 16 ga. and
had an offset handle so my hand would not foul.  They
would also cut v. light al (<.030") cleanly.  Too bad
they were "borrowed" at the track and more bad I need
them now.

An ultimate pair of snips as this would be ideal, but
I'll settle for anything that can cleanly cut 1/16" al
and keep my hand away from the work, for now.
McMaster Carr would be ideal as I get 2-3 hr delivery
but Home Depoo or some such would work as well.

I can read the product descriptions but don't want to
chance a ragged cut.  I've been spoiled by an antique
and disappointed by modern substitutes, so price is
not an issue.  Time is an issue, so mail order is out
of the question.

Direct experience or educated conclusions from you
guys is appreciated.

TIA,
Charlie