Re: piston repair?

To: "Jim Franklin" <jamesf@groupwbench.org>,
Subject: Re: piston repair?
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:26:58 -0500
If the damage truly appears to you to be superficial, and the cylinder is
readily available or could be sleeved if the piston does indeed break, I'd
go for it.  From your description there may not be that much potential for a
total piston failure anyway.

If it's a valuable engine or an irreplaceable and unsleevable cylinder, then
maybe you need to ante up the big bucks.  But if it's strictly a utility
bike to you, what's the worst that could happen ?

Karl