RE: Lifting a pool table

To: "'Phil Nase'" <nase@ptd.net>, "'John P. New'" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Subject: RE: Lifting a pool table
From: "Charley Robinson" <charleyrob@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:11:54 -0400
It has been my experience that until you resolve your water issues any floor
that you install will be susceptible to water damage if the basement floods.
Mold and mildew will be problems any place water can be trapped, such as
under carpet or flooring.

Is there anyway to connect your sump to a drain pipe to let gravity carry
away the water? It might require some excavation outside the foundation to
run a drain pipe to daylight, but that would be the most dependable
solution. And in the long run might be cheaper than replacing carpeting or
other flooring on a regular basis. It would also make the basement much
dryer and more comfortable.

Good luck with it,

Charley Robinson