Re: refrigerator compressor

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: refrigerator compressor
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:10:10 -0500
I can pull a vacuum equal to whatever the ambient pressure is, according to
my gauge set.  Never had a moisture problem.  Heck, some people use vane
pumps or even those venturi gadgets - now THOSE can't pull a deep vacuum.
But a real HVAC compressor will pull as deep a vacuum as you need to boil
off any water.  Of course, I do leave it on for at least an hour before
charging - water will evaporate at ambient pressure, so a deep vacuum just
speeds things up.

Karl