RE: lawnmower repair redux

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: lawnmower repair redux
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 23:45:19 -0700
> I friggin' HATE sears and their lawnmowers.  have never seen or heard of
> a good one.

Had my little 30" Sears for over 25 years now.  Had to repair it several times
... I'm probably on the 4th or 5th blade and pull rope for it, but otherwise it
just keeps chugging along.  When I bought it, I had perhaps 1/4 acre that was
shoulder-high in weeds ... had to kind of throw the mower up on top of the weeds
and let it munch it's way to the ground (hopefully before the engine died) ...
never thought it would last through all that but it did, and kept it mowed as
long as we lived there.

Now I have just a postage-stamp size lawn, and a gardener to mow it for the last
few years.  He disappeared this summer and I had to get the ole Sears out.
Cleaned it up a bit, tightened a few screws, replaced the split fuel line ... it
fired right up and mowed.  Best Darned $100 mower I've ever owned ! (and the
only <g>)

Randall