Staining a deck

Subject: Staining a deck
From: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:08:44 -0700
I purchased a house with a deck attached and it needs to be stained.  I
power washed off the WA state slime and cleaned the deck with deck cleaner.
Seems like that would cover the surface preparation.  They also state that
the stain can be sprayed but you must "back brush".  I assume that is using
a paint brush to brush in the stain that I just sprayed.  If that is the
case I would think that it would make more sense to just to use a brush, is
that correct?  Any ideas or pointers before I brush this stuff on this
weekend?

Thanks,

Bill