Re: Who Makes our Lawn and Garden Equipment?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Who Makes our Lawn and Garden Equipment?
From: wmc_st@xxiii.com
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:03:40 -0500
At 08:17 PM 10/31/2006, Rush wrote:
>The Sears retail chain is Husqvarna's largest customer. Sears is the
>world's largest retailer of outdoor consumer products, under the
>Craftsman brand, and has a market share of approximately 30% in the US.

Wow that's surprising, given Sears' market erosion to Home Deport,
Lowes and Wal-Shit.  Good for them.

I don't know that I'd trust that advice on any product other than
those sold at the time of the author's writing.  Sears awards
production contracts to the lowest bidder nowadays, so there are no
definites.  Eg:  Kenmore used to be exclusively Whirlpool, but now
may be GE, Maytag, et al.

   -Wayne