LED Bulbs

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: LED Bulbs
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 01:23:31 GMT
I will give an amen to that!  When I lived in Alaska with steam heat,
I really enjoyed the instant hot water due to a recirc circuit.  My
current house has a significant delay while I wait for the water to
make its way to the master bath from the huge single gas water
heater.  Unfortunately the way my house is laid out, I don't think I
will be able to easily add a recirc circuit.  I will consider piping
hot out from the house, but it would be a good 75' run.

What got me thinking seriously about the tankless was some recent
prices I have seen.  For a while house units were over $700.  I found
a local source for 4 gpm units by "Niagra" for only $250 and have
seen some on eBay for even less...  I am afraid that a bargain price
on something of this nature would simply prove to be short lived unit.

If this was just for hand washing, I would go for one of the small
tank units, but this will also be the primary shower for pool users.

I appreciate all the feedback.  I will chat with my plumber about it
next week.

Matt

-- "Nolan" <foxtrapper@ispwest.com> wrote:

Any problem with tapping off the hot water in the house?  You can run
it directly off and just wait for the hot water to get to
the spigot when needed...
You can also use a little recirculator on the hot water ....snip
It's really quite addictive.