Re: Lens marker removal

To: "Martin Sukey" <trmarty@glwb.net>, "shop-talk list"
Subject: Re: Lens marker removal
From: wmc_st@xxiii.com
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 23:08:33 -0500
At 06:31 PM 12/14/2006, Martin Sukey wrote:
>ALL I WANT TO DO IS TAKE THIS CRAP OFF THE LENSES so I can go on my

Did'ja pay for them with a credit card?  That gives you ALL the
rights in the transaction.  Call them up and say they're "defective"
or "not as described", demand they make it right,  and say you're
going to request a "charge back" from the credit card company if they
refuse to correct the merchandise or refund your money (and by all
means do so!)  Be sure to cite that YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO RECTIFY THE
SITUATION  ;)

If you wanna be [more of] an ass, you can suggest they could be
partially liable for any eye injuries suffered while their product is unusable.

If you want to try to correct thing yourself, the MSDS for the
remover should be publically available (with the correct "recipe" for
the stuff.) Or if you want to experiment, WD40 is pretty good at
removing gack without trashing plastics.

   -Wayne