Re: News story about generators in Washington state

To: pethier@comcast.net,scott.hall@comcast.net, Shop-Talk List
Subject: Re: News story about generators in Washington state
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:47:08 -0800
At 03:37 AM  12/19/2006  +0000, pethier@comcast.net wrote:
>From: scott.hall@comcast.net
> >
> > I think any permanent install on my part would be in a separate
> building, away
> > from the house, for that very reason.
>
>Not just exhaust, but noise.

Yeah, mine is between my pump house and shop, with the pump house between
the house and the generator, and with the garage door up you can really
hear that big Onan engine roar.  My neighbor has some kind of 3.5  or so
portable genset, and it doesn't roar, it screams, and you can hear it all
over the neighborhood.   Another reason to go with an 1800 rpm diesel.