New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 09:36:21 -0500
OK, I have new theory that I'm curious if I'm right about.

The theory is based on the fact that you can tell a "self-taught" mechanic
from one that learned from working with others.

Here is the way to tell the difference, if the person knows the right names
for tools and parts, he learned from someone else.  The guy that learned on
his own (and without manuals and such) has made up names for parts and
tools.

Example, the trained mechanic knows that it's called a "ball joint
separator."  While the self taught guy may call it something like, "the
fork pry bar thingie."

Note, either mechanic may be totally competent, but one knows the right
terms.

So, what homemade names do you have for tools or parts.

Inch

"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute."
     Tori Amos