Starrett 120 dial caliper zero's at 6:00

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starrett 120 dial caliper zero's at 6:00
From: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:35:56 -0800
Hi,

I don't remember it being this way the last time I used it, but the dial on my
Starrett dial caliper is at 6:00 when closed. I know it is no big deal in that
I can just rotate the dial face 180 degrees, but it irritates me that I either
have to read the caliper or else the dial upside down.

Maybe I am spacing out here, but is there any way to rotate the dial 180
degrees, or is this a "live with it or send it back to Starrett?"

Thanks!

doug

'72 BSA B50SS
'74 Triumph TR6