Re: Argon?

To: "Steven W. Reilly" <luckyone@sentex.ca>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Argon?
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 08:33:41 -0500
Any benefit?  I have no idea.  You use straight argon for
MIG?  That's for what, Aluminum?  I only do steel and use an
argon/co2 mix.  Filling from a MIG bottle would be no
problem.  People fill tires from Nitrogen bottles.  You have to have
a regulator either way.  I suspect that there are lots of gases that
would have the same benefits (if you believe there are benefits) as
nitrogen.  I think nitrogen is probably the cheapest and easiest to
generate on site.