Re: Heavy Duty power supplies

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Heavy Duty power supplies
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:30:09 -0500
At 07:12 AM 2/13/2007 -0500, you wrote:

>I was hoping to finda  source of a standalone unit that I could mount in
>the trailer.  It needs to take 120vac and put out 12vdc @ 45watts.
>
>Anyone know of a good source for these?  Note, space isn't much of a
>concern, there is a large void that I could install this in.

Inch,

If it's 45Watts, P = I*E where P=45 watts, E=12V so  I = P/E or 45/12 = 4
Amps.  That's not much at all.  Only a couple of lights.

I have to agree with Steven.  Try one of the Amateur Radio Supply houses.
Most of the rigs now are 12 V and they typically run 100 Watts and up,
especially for an HF rig.  So any power supply for one of those should
work.  Might be a bit expensive for a brand name like ICOM.

If you're looking for something 10A or less, try:
http://www.powersupplydirect.com/
They've got a nice one:
120 Watt, 12VDC 10 Amp
Altech #PS-12012