Convex mirror questions

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Convex mirror questions
From: "Kent Sullivan" <kentsu@corvairkid.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 09:36:25 -0700
Hi,

I'm thinking about mounting a convex mirror somewhere forward of my drive-on
(4-post) lift so that one person can put a car on the lift safely (no
spotter). A company local to me has these available:

http://www.westernsafety.com/brossard1.html

They have to order them though from Illinois--not in stock. So, I am open to
getting a mirror from anywhere.

Have any of you done something like this? If so, comments about what mirror
you chose and why, where you decided to mount it, how it works, etc. would
be appreciated.

The rear wall of my shop is about 5' from the front of the lift and there's
a workbench on that wall, so the wall has open space for mounting the mirror
there. Could also mount somehow on the lift posts but am afraid it would get
bumped there.

Thanks.