Re: OBD-II readers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OBD-II readers
From: Battmain <battmain@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 09:45:52 -0400
Your best bet is to google for a forum on your specific model/make car
and you'll probably find a common tool between the forums. The lower
end tools don't work for all cars no matter what they say. :-)

I'm using  Autotap (V2.03 software with V1 hardware) and it works
great for my GMC. There are enough items to make your head spin. On my
new Dodge, it only does generic, and same for the Miata. The generic
items are small in comparison to what I get with the truck.  Tool does
not work on the Audi. I don't know if the new V3 hardware with V3+
software is any good. I've been trying to justify one of the Genisys
tools, but no matter how I crunch the numbers, it probably isn't going
to happen.

Brian
battmain@gmail.com