RE: Compact fluorescent light bulbs in a drop light

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Compact fluorescent light bulbs in a drop light
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 08:28:10 -0700 (PDT)
Yes!  DON'T use those plastic-coated bulbs in
drop lights!  They are NOT more resistant to vibration
than regular bulbs.  They are only meant to reduce
the harm from broken glass.

My drop light has had the same 60-watt rough service
bulb in it for at least a year now, and I use it
fairly often, and also as an extension cord, in
which case the housing gets dragged around the floor a
lot.  I have no motivation to switch bulbs.

Doug