Re: [Shop-talk] PV system

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] PV system
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:17:43 -0700
> wait...that never came up.  so you're saying that when the
> utility loses power (like they're wont to do here) I'm down,
> too, even with the PV system.  nobody mentioned that, and we
> got fairly involved in discussions.  that was a major bennie

In that case, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to arrange a switch & 60 Hz
reference.  Whether your utility would approve the arrangement or not is a
different matter.

Here's a web page describing such a system, with the addition of local
storage batteries.
http://www.ka9q.net/pv/
I only scanned the page, but didn't see any mention of having to provide a
60 Hz reference when the grid was down.  Maybe his inverter is different
than Doug's.

Randall