[Shop-talk] Converting a lamp from U.S. to European voltage

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Converting a lamp from U.S. to European voltage
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:17:50 -0400
We recently sent some furniture to my daughter who lives in Helsinki.  I
converted some floor and table lamps for her by removing the U.S. plug and
replacing it with a pin style plug which matches the outlets in her
apartment.  I reasoned that since the amperage at 220 volts for a given size
bulb is half of what it is at 110 volts there would be no reason to replace
the cord, switch, or socket.  Is this correct or should I have replaced any
of the other components of the lamps?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss