[Shop-talk] unnerving burnt smell

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] unnerving burnt smell
From: "mark@noakes.com" <mark@noakes.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:52:44 +0000 (UTC)
I'm getting a very unnevering burnt wood smell in my family room that I
cannot find the source of. (I haven't run the table saw or the
fireplace in quite a while.) It's very faint and not continuous. While
I do have a gas water heater in the basement/garage, I'm worried about
something electrical. The house is 19 years old.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can find the source
before it becomes disasterous? I guess I'll pull all the outlets in
that part of the house this weekend to see if there are any issues.

Thanks,

Mark Noakes